February 11, 2009

the nursery is finally complete

I always thought nurseries were so silly...all the time put into decorating them...for a baby who won't notice. I feel so dim. . . just now realizing that nurseries aren't for babies at all - they are just for the parents. William and I are much more mentally prepared to raise up a young lad, now that we've had time to create a room where we can be comfortable and groovy.

HAH

Where the wild Liams are. Orange and Grey...the official Chan nursery colors. Ugly monsters...the official Chan nursery monster.
Yes, our son will be able to recite the alphabet before 12 months. And write it too.
At least that's what William is saying.
Here is William's favorite toy...pint size and daddy size.
This blanket is the most amazing baby blanket ever!!! Custom made by Grandma Nancy - with help from Grandpa! Isn''t it absolutely precious? The only ugly monster baby blanket in existence.


William definitely stamped his mark in this room - having a field day with babytech gadgets.
This is how we crib spy...


Here's William in infra-red vision playing in the crib....with his vampire impersonation.
And he couldn't resist setting Liam up with his own crib sound system.
Liam also got a surprise from our lovely friends...check out his rowboat!


....and we have a swing!


ok, what else could there be to prepare for a little 12 pound bundle of joy?

15 comments:

Danielle said...

OH MY WORD! This nursery is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are"! The quilt is amazing, I love nurseries with wood floors and rugs...it's just fabulous. Sorry about your packing issues. I can't imagine if we weren't allowed 50 pounds per bag. We're already going to be over for our donation bags, I'm just sure of it! Have a great Valentine's Day in Paris!!!!

DorT said...

Wow! I am very impressed. I am LOVING the monsters....which has given me an idea....but we will have to wait and see.

Can't wait to see Liam there!

I think Grandma Nancy needs to start taking commissions for blankets....Munchkin might be jealous and might want one too! We will have to see if his Ah Mah will oblige!

Love to you!

Deji said...

I was half expecting a hi-tech diaper disposal ... perhaps something that zaps the used diaper with lasers and is shaped like a Cylon centurion??

I'm just saying ... :-)

Have a wonderful & safe trip, and see you all soon!

Blessings,

D.

kristin said...

oh man.. that looks so fun! Love your style!

Becky Burk said...

I LOVE UGLY DOLLS!!! I NEED THAT QUILT! And yes I'm screaming in excitement! I love your nursery! We have some ugly dolls in Ezra's nursery too but it's not really his theme just little fun extras. Can I live in Liam's room?? it's so adorable. Where did you get the little alphabets? And I really do HAVE to have a quilt like Liams for Ezra (and for me too) do you think she would make another one??? that could have been your adoption fund raiser!!!

The Stackler Clan said...

Your nursery is so cute! I am at a loss for boy things. I have no Idea what to do... I love the spy cam. I wonder if it will still work when he is a teenager?

Erin said...

I have always loved those monsters! Great choice!

Piper said...

SO CUTE!!! You guys did a great job! LOVE the quilt! Y'all have a safe trip...and enjoy that last hoorah in Paris! :)

alisafmartin@yahoo.com said...

OK, so you get the 'groovy parent' award for sure!!! The nursey is perfect for little Liam -- I have no doubt it will suit him just right!!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU BOTH WITH HIM!!!! Yeah!!!!

Lisa said...

LOVE the nursery!!! You can see the LOVE in the quilt. Have I told you how excited I am for the Chan Clan???

LOVE,
Lisa

Lim said...

Sure Liam won't have nightmares about monsters? haha.... Maybe he'll get confused,"am I supposed to have 1,2 or 3 eyes?"

The nursery is lovely!!!

Christina said...

super cute nursery!

Meagan Brown said...

I love it! Inspires joy, play and imagination.

kangaj1 said...

I so stinkin love your nursery!! Can we come over and play?? We're blog stalking you this week! Can't wait for you to meet him!

DorT said...

Now all we need is a few photos of Liam in his nursery! Welcome home, Chans! How are the cats coping with the new addition?