March 03, 2007

New look in the old house

We brought the new year in with a little fresh paint and color...
What do you think of our new wild kitchen. ...
orange walls....and a yellow ceiling.
But we kept our cabinets white. Our house was built in 1927.... so you can imagine there's been a few coats of paint on these walls.


And a personal favorite memento of mine...that William is beginning to appreciate...
a vintage "Big Boy"! :)

On we move to our front reading room.... we took out the red in our couches...and moved to shades of chocolate, sage and a touch of mango....
And then we wimped out and followed the popular trend of going with a type of icey blue-green with dark brown...in the bedroom. We just really dig that color combo. And it was easy to find things to match with it in the stores...

And our most attractive home accessory..... Sopapilla....the cat.



This is where my incredible William gets the husband of the year award, since he allowed me to do up my bathroom pretty girly.... I love this shade of vintage pink. And I never dreamed of having a crystal chandelier in my "powder room"...but I'm liking it.

Speaking of, separate bathrooms....they are so healthy for a marriage :) One of the first tips that we followed as we settled in together. William got a little upgrade in his as well.
So not too drastic of an "extreme makeover" ...but just a few simple changes from before.

2 comments:

Deji said...

Wow ... the casa looks great! I'll need to make some time to come visit you guys soon.

The Taras Family said...

Hey Shelley! I love it. It looks great! You guys have a really neat sense of style! Its clean but funky....but I have to wonder how long can one look at an orange kitchen???? :) I really like the Living room and bedrooms! (I like all of those earthy tones...)

Hope you are doing well cyber friend! Hope to hear from ya soon!

Chasing the Cross,
Sarah